Monday, July 2, 2007

Musee Guimet: For Norma and Meredith

From Musee Guimet, Musee National des Arts Asiatiques


View of a Gallery at Musee Guimet




Elephant Statue
Cambodia
Preah Damrei, Preah Khan, Kompong Svay District, Kompong Thom Province, begenning of the 12th C.




Accent Pieces, Elephants
Vietname, Tra Kieu
Quang Nam Province
Style of Tra Kieu
10th Century



Vase in the form of an elephant
Southern China, Changsha Region
End of the Shang Dynasty, 12-11th C. BCE
Bronze












Pavillon with Personnages
Southern China, Qing Dynastie (1644-1911)
Ivory and polychrome
Former royal collection of France, displayed in the Louvre at the end of the 18th century.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Amanda!
I've really enjoyed reading about your summer in Paris. What an adventure! I'll be sure to check back again. You were an amazing child and have grown into a fascinating woman. You look wonderful. Remember we love you back here in Kentucky.

Mama Arnold

Amanda said...

Oh, how fun and sweet to know that you're reading this! I hope that you and the whole family are all doing wonderfully!