Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Simpsons

Lest you think that I'm just reading 1920's and 1930's fashion magazines and prancing around museums:

So, to no one's surprise, American movies are very popular here. I saw Ocean's 13 a couple of weeks ago, and there are ads for Harry Potter and the Simpsons everywhere. And I'm also reading contemporary fashion magazines, and just so you know, this month's French version of Cosmopolitan has a little blurb that reports that puritanical America is scandalized by Bart Simpson's nudity in the film. Calm down! The French are on to us and our lack of ooh-la-la! It really said (in French) "puritanical America." Ooh-laa.

While you're calming down about Bart's body, you can try out being on The Simpsons yourself! I just learned about a Simpson Maker at

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/41026/detail/

There is some way to make a live link on this blog, but I don't feel like reviewing HTML to do it. I'm sure if you really want to make yourself a Simpsons character, you can cut and paste.

No comments: