But as it was, I saw many amazing works. And the building itself is every bit as wacky as I'm sure it was in the 1970's.


Centre Pompidou at sunset

The Lobby

View from the top floor.
Here are a few highlights that I thought you might find interesting:


The two images above are from L'atelier Brancusi, which is part of Centre Pompidou, but just outside of the main building, with separate hours and free entry. There are four rooms that reconstruct Brancusi's artist studio in great detail, including, as you can see, very many of his sculptures.

That's right, more Sonia Delaunay! Don't you just love her?
Sonia Delaunay, Le Bal Bullier, 1913

An assembly of art works owned by Surrealists and their associates.



I loved this piece when I read about it and saw photos, so I was really excited to see it in person:
Cai Guo-Qian., Bon voyage, 10,000 collectibles from the airport, 2004.
The plane is made of bamboo and wood, and the metal objects that you see are sharp objects confiscated at the Sao Paulo airport.


El Anatsui, Sasa, 2004.
This luxurious looking wall hanging is made from recycled aluminum labels and lids.

Another attempt at a self-portrait. Sorry, kids. But at least the random guy is looking at the camera, even if I'm not.

The chairs went over so well the last time that I decided to give you more.
No comments:
Post a Comment