Friday, June 22, 2007

For Brandon

Brandon knows why this post is dedicated to him.

I attended a full day of a conference at the Musee du quai Branly today. I am exhausted, but thrilled that I went. There's another full day tomorrow, and I get to see Ruth Phillips speak, after hearing Sally Price give a wonderful talk today. And, as if spending the summer in Paris weren't enough, as a participant in the conference, I was able to purchase a cheap student ticket for a dinner cruise on the Seine for tomorrow night!

But back to this post that is dedicated to my brother: I went to the Musee Rodin yesterday, and I can't wait to get back again! The museum includes lovely gardens, where many of the most famous sculptures reside, including The Thinker.

Brandon, there were the The Thinker ties, cuff links, and more in the boutique, but I resisted purchasing any. If you would like any of these items, you just let me know.











The last picture is of some adorable Parisian children drawing Le Penseur. Every museum that I've visited has been hosting at least one group of schoolchildren on a fieldtrip (except when I've been on the weekend, of course). I'm so thrilled for the children of Paris--imagine going to the Louvre for your 3rd grade class trip!

I've so much more to report, but I'm tired and coming down with a bit of a cold and so I'm going to try to go to bed early (which is difficult here because the sun doesn't set until after 10:00 p.m.)....But stay tuned! Ooh-La-La: The Fashion Issue is coming soon.

No comments: