You're right on both counts.
But that's not going to stop me.
I realized the other day that I'm probably giving the false impression that I live somewhere visually uninteresting. I went to Paris, and I showed you pictures. Belgium, London, check, check. I visited Kentucky--yep, I showed you pictures. I've promised you pictures from Turkey. But, Ithaca? Just waterfalls and some ivy-covered buildings, here, ma'am, move along. I mean, I did show you the Farmer's Market--but that's just the weekend. I walk, bike, and bus around the rest of the place during the week.
I can get to campus by several different routes. I usually take a 5 minute bus ride after a 5 minute walk. When I have time, though, I like to take a walk up through one of the gorges. I did this the other night, and documented it just for you !

When I take the bus, I wait for it on the other side of that wall.

Walking away from the street, one finds the entrance to the walk up the gorge. Cornell provides this handy map.

The trail begins...




And above you see what I saw on my way to class on Wednesday evening.
And central campus is beautiful, too.

This is what you see approaching central campus from Collegetown (where the gorge trail ends). You can see Ho Plaza and the Uris Library Clock Tower.

This is a view of West Campus and beyond from behind Uris Library.

Uris Library from the other side.

And this is where I was going: Goldwin Smith. It houses a lot of the Humanities departments, including the History of Art and Visual Studies, where I am pursuing a Ph.D., when I am not distracted by this blog. Or knitting. Or yoga. Or ooh-la-la (or the pursuit of it, in any case--the ooh-la-la, that is).
No comments:
Post a Comment