Everybody knows "We're Not the Jet Set," right?
Aunt Lu and I had a fun afternoon in Paris, where we had lunch at a restaurant, the name of which I have now forgotten. It was not Varden's, where the owners, much like the French Parisians, believe that everything needs meat and/or dairy to qualify as food. I'll recommend the other restaurant as soon as I remember its name.
After lunch, we spent quite some time at an antique store, where I purchased a bracelet for Catie for her 15th birthday. Happy Birthday, Catie!
Street scenes from Paris:


Want to know more?
http://www.parisky.org/index.html
No, I couldn't find the restaurant on that website. It just opened in November, and must not be on there or in the Yellow Pages yet.
Yes, I'm pretty excited that I just figured out how to embed videos.
Oh, I almost forgot to tell you: The Standard American pronunciation of "Paris" is no more accurate for the Kentuckian Paris than it is for the French "Pah-ree." The Kentuckian "Paris" is frequently only one syllable: "Pahrs," which an emphasis on the "Pahr" sound. You may find this to be useful information at some point, you never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment