That I'll go walking through--
With the rain in my shoes
You better get that reference.
Most of my day was kind of rough. We haven't seen the sun here in . . . let's just say, awhile. It is like a Portland winter: no sun, chilly weather, lots of rain. Grouchy people. Ick.
Nonetheless, I got a decent first wind this morning, and set about attending to some phone errands at 9am, before leaving to go to school.
My first one entailed trying to get some basic information from one of those bureaucratic types who makes herself feel important by being completely incomprehensible. I'm happy for her that she has such a sophisticated understanding of the acronyms and multiple forms (which include online and paper) in her little world. And since I finally received the information that I needed, I hope that she felt gratified that she really showed me who's the expert on bureaucratic procedures related to student organizations. The thing is, I just wanted to know what specific things I needed to do--I knew she was the person to ask...I didn't need the show to consider her the authority.
And the rest of the day continued in a similar vein... until I arrived home.
As I walked up our steps, I thought, "Maybe they came early. . . "
And they had!

And just in case you thought I wasn't eating soup, check out this beautiful carrot and mung dal creation!
No comments:
Post a Comment